I am not one that really follows the political day to day things, this would be one reason this class is good for me. But in searching for an article to read and write about that I could be somewhat passionate about I found this one in the Houston Chronicle. It talks about the last few days of Sotomayor's hearings. Again, this is not something I have been following so I am not strong one way or the other when it comes down to it. Although, after reading this I did find it very interesting how she is portrayed. Granted it could be the writer of the article that allows it to come across the way I've read it but I guess that could be the point. In this is talks about how the Republicans are questioning her and how it seems she doesn't really have an opinion on much. I do find this strange, I would expect to read this and find out answers to her stance on items such as abortion and gun control, whether for or against. Based on what I've read it seems she was focused more on entertaining the audience and making them laugh, is this the new way to get into comedy? It does concern me now that President Obama has nominated someone for the Supreme Court that doesn't seem to voice an opinion. Maybe that is what she was told to do in the preparation meetings, if so maybe that is the issue.
I think this would be a good article to read for someone who might feel strongly in support of Sotomayor and her joining the Supreme Court. It could possibly add some insight into a side of her that has yet not been seen.
Overall this has left me with a bad taste in my mouth for Sotomayor as well as peaks my interest to see how it all turns out.
Happy reading..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment